CNET How To CNET editors and users share the top tech 'how to' tips and tricks with advice for getting the most out of all your gadgets.
- When, how and why you have to return stimulus money to the IRS - CNETby Katie Conner on Gennaio 23, 2021 at 10:00 am
If any of the following situations apply to you, these are the steps you can take to return your stimulus payment.
- Why is your Wi-Fi slow? Here are two reasons, and how to fix them - CNETby David Priest on Gennaio 23, 2021 at 10:00 am
Your internet connection is more important than ever these days. Here's how to fix slow speeds.
- Stimulus money, not your tax refund, is the main reason to file as early as possible this year - CNETby Dale Smith on Gennaio 23, 2021 at 8:00 am
The sooner your file your tax return, the sooner you could potentially get a new stimulus check and speed up delivery on any missing money you should've received from the first or second payments.
- Next stimulus check calculator: See if you'd get the full $1,400, less or more - CNETby Jessica Dolcourt on Gennaio 23, 2021 at 6:00 am
President Joe Biden has proposed a new stimulus payment that's more than twice the second. But figuring out your household's share could depend on a lot of factors.
- SSDI and SSI: What to know about stimulus check eligibility, catch-up payments, more - CNETby Alison DeNisco Rayome on Gennaio 23, 2021 at 4:00 am
If you're an SSDI or SSI recipient, there's plenty to know about the second stimulus check, including what to do if your first or second check never arrived. We've got the details.
- Is it time to report your no-show stimulus check to the IRS? How and when to do it - CNETby Alison DeNisco Rayome on Gennaio 23, 2021 at 2:06 am
If you haven't received your first or second stimulus checks, or there was an error with your payment, you can track your money, file for missing money or contact the IRS. We'll tell you how to do it.
- How to watch SpaceX launch over 100 satellites on a Falcon 9 rocket tomorrow - CNETby Eric Mack on Gennaio 23, 2021 at 1:07 am
Elon Musk's space company could send a swarm of satellites to orbit in a single go this weekend.
- Second stimulus checks and child support: Some parents can get $600 each per dependent - CNETby Dale Smith on Gennaio 23, 2021 at 12:40 am
For both the first and second stimulus bills, some parents received duplicate payments for the same dependent child, although the rules were slightly different.
- Impeaching Trump: The Senate will receive the article of impeachment Monday. What next? - CNETby Corinne Reichert on Gennaio 22, 2021 at 10:51 pm
The House voted to impeach Trump, so when does the Senate vote? Here's what's happening and what could happen with the impeachment trial of the former president.
- Does the IRS owe you stimulus check money? This is what you have to know - CNETby Alison DeNisco Rayome on Gennaio 22, 2021 at 10:28 pm
During tax season 2020, you can file for any missing stimulus check payment you're owed using the IRS' Recovery Rebate Credit, but it isn't simple. Here's how it works.
- Child tax credit: How it could bring you more money this 2020 tax season (and beyond) - CNETby Oscar Gonzalez on Gennaio 22, 2021 at 9:00 pm
Families with children could get a larger tax refund this year. President Biden wants to take it even further.
- Xbox Series X restock news for retailers including Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Walmart, more - CNETby Dave Johnson on Gennaio 22, 2021 at 8:14 pm
Microsoft's next-gen console is out of stock again. Here's what we know about when retailers will drop new inventory.
- Hamilton is still streaming on Disney Plus, but there is no free trial. How to watch - CNETby Katie Conner on Gennaio 22, 2021 at 8:00 pm
Everything you need to know about watching the Broadway movie musical online from your TV, phone or desktop.
- Still missing your stimulus check? Here's how and when to start an IRS payment trace - CNETby Alison DeNisco Rayome on Gennaio 22, 2021 at 6:19 pm
If you still haven't received your second stimulus check, you may need to contact the IRS to track it down. Here's what to know and do.
- Here's why Joe Biden uses so many different pens to sign executive orders - CNETby Amanda Kooser on Gennaio 22, 2021 at 5:44 pm
There's an inky history to the curious presidential tradition.
- 9 ways a third stimulus check may bring you more money - CNETby Jessica Dolcourt on Gennaio 22, 2021 at 5:15 pm
President Biden is proposing a third stimulus check, and the House may start work on the new payment next week. Here are all the ways the next check could bring you more money.
- Don't typically file taxes? Nonfilers might have to file this year to get missing stimulus money - CNETby Alison DeNisco Rayome on Gennaio 22, 2021 at 4:13 pm
If you don't usually file taxes because you're on SSI or SSDI, you're retired, or you don't meet the IRS' income threshold, you'll need to take an extra step to claim your missing stimulus money. Here's how.
- When will the next stimulus check come? New update on when Congress could vote - CNETby Jessica Dolcourt on Gennaio 22, 2021 at 2:15 pm
The timing for a possible third stimulus check -- or any COVID-19 relief -- is getting clearer, but there's still much we don't know. Here's where the schedule stands.
- 12 hidden iPhone features we've discovered since installing iOS 14 - CNETby Jason Cipriani on Gennaio 22, 2021 at 1:15 pm
Hidden features are often the best features.
- The coronavirus pandemic explained, one year on - CNETby Jackson Ryan on Gennaio 22, 2021 at 1:00 pm
We've learned so much about the coronavirus in the more than 365 days since our first guide was published.
- Wash dishes the easy way: 6 cleanup tips everyone should know - CNETby Molly Price on Gennaio 22, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Save water and elbow grease with these tips for every kitchen.
- Alexa has 2 new privacy features on your Amazon Echo. Here's how to use them - CNETby Katie Conner on Gennaio 22, 2021 at 10:15 am
Quickly maintain your privacy by keeping your Echo device settings up to date.
- Second and third stimulus check details: Delivery update, rebate credit, eligibility rules - CNETby Clifford Colby on Gennaio 22, 2021 at 10:15 am
Why did the IRS stop sending the $600 stimulus checks? How can you claim your missing money? What's President Biden's proposal for a third stimulus check? We have answers for these questions and more.
- Third stimulus check details: Payment size, new qualifications, when it could happen - CNETby Jessica Dolcourt on Gennaio 22, 2021 at 6:00 am
Will a third stimulus check be voted on separately from a stimulus bill? How would the IRS make payments this time around and who else would qualify? The answers are still taking shape.
- Are you eligible for your own stimulus check? This is what it takes to qualify as an adult - CNETby Alison DeNisco Rayome on Gennaio 22, 2021 at 4:00 am
Whether you're counted as a dependent or an adult by the IRS determines if you'll get your own stimulus check, contribute to your family's payment or get nothing at all. Here's what you need to know about age and second stimulus check eligibility.