CNET How To CNET editors and users share the top tech 'how to' tips and tricks with advice for getting the most out of all your gadgets.
- Stimulus check status update: IRS delivery schedule, when your plus-up money will arrive - CNETby Jessica Dolcourt on Aprile 14, 2021 at 1:05 am
How often are plus-up stimulus payments coming and when does the next payment batch come out? Get all the details on schedules, delays and what to do with problems.
- 2021 Lyrid meteor shower becomes active this week: How to watch the show - CNETby Eric Mack on Aprile 13, 2021 at 11:50 pm
The year's shooting-star spotting season is about to kick off in earnest.
- Where's my third stimulus check? Track your $1,400 payment with the IRS tool - CNETby Clifford Colby on Aprile 13, 2021 at 11:00 pm
Is your third stimulus payment on the way? Use the Get My Payment tracker to find out, but don't expect it to tell you everything.
- Confirmed: Child tax credit will be monthly and this is how much money you'll actually get - CNETby Katie Conner on Aprile 13, 2021 at 8:23 pm
Use our child tax credit calculator to quickly calculate your family's total and how much money to expect this year and next.
- Billions of Brood X cicadas emerging for first time since 2004: What to know - CNETby Leslie Katz on Aprile 13, 2021 at 7:23 pm
The insects of Brood X are burrowing out of their underground homes in 15 US states, plus Washington, DC. Prepare yourself for a lot of buzzing.
- MCU timeline: How to watch all 23 Marvel movies in the perfect order - CNETby Caitlin Petrakovitz on Aprile 13, 2021 at 7:21 pm
With Loki and Black Widow arriving soon, you may need a quick refresher on the MCU. Here's how to watch everything, if you dare.
- COVID masks and hand sanitizer are now tax-deductible - CNETby Amanda Push on Aprile 13, 2021 at 7:19 pm
But there's a catch. You can only write off PPE if your total medical costs exceed 7.5% of your income.
- Stimulus checks for SSDI, SSI: Delivery update, payment methods, more details to know - CNETby Alison DeNisco Rayome on Aprile 13, 2021 at 7:05 pm
There are important payment rules for Social Security recipients and veterans to know -- we'll explain. Plus, new information about stimulus check timelines and eligibility.
- Track your stimulus check or EIP card in the mail. It's easy and free - CNETby Clifford Colby on Aprile 13, 2021 at 6:00 pm
Keep an eye out for when your stimulus payment is on the way to your mailbox with this free USPS service. It's easy to use and shows you what to look for so you don't throw your money away.
- TV picture settings: How to adjust contrast, brightness, picture mode and more - CNETby Geoffrey Morrison on Aprile 13, 2021 at 5:27 pm
Dialing in a different TV calibration can make your TV better without costing you a dime. Here's where to start.
- So your dog ate a cicada: What to know about Brood X and pet safety - CNETby Megan Wollerton on Aprile 13, 2021 at 5:17 pm
A swarm of cicadas is coming. Are your pets safe?
- Will you get a plus-up payment for the third stimulus check? What you need to know - CNETby Alison DeNisco Rayome on Aprile 13, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Did you get less stimulus check money from the $1,400 payment than you were supposed to get? Here's what to know about plus-up payments.
- How to upgrade your PS4 games to fancier PS5 versions for free - CNETby Sean Keane on Aprile 13, 2021 at 4:29 pm
The Final Fantasy 7 Remake upgrade is coming in June.
- Student loan debt forgiveness for $10,000 or $50,000? Important details to know - CNETby Oscar Gonzalez on Aprile 13, 2021 at 4:00 pm
College students are looking for financial help, as the average student owes approximately $37,000 in student loan debt. Here are the latest plans.
- Child tax credit for $3,000 or more: Payment timeline, overpayments, more - CNETby Katie Conner on Aprile 13, 2021 at 3:00 pm
If you qualify for the revised child tax credit payments, you'll receive half the money in 2021 and the other half in 2022. Here's what else you may not know about CTC checks.
- Who qualifies as a dependent for the child tax credit 2021? It can be complicated - CNETby Katie Conner on Aprile 13, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Your child will need to meet the requirements for you to receive the new payment of up to $3,600 per kid.
- Heads Up! Google's new Android feature aims to save you future embarrassment - CNETby Jason Cipriani on Aprile 13, 2021 at 12:15 pm
We'll walk you through using the new Heads Up feature coming to Digital Wellbeing. It's starting on Google's Pixel phones -- for now.
- 5 signs you need to replace your window air conditioner - CNETby Michelle Honeyager on Aprile 13, 2021 at 12:00 pm
If your window air conditioner is struggling, you might need a new one.
- The muscle pump: Why your muscles look bigger during workouts - CNETby Amanda Capritto on Aprile 13, 2021 at 12:00 pm
How to temporarily get Schwarzenegger-worthy muscles.
- You got billed for your free COVID vaccine. Here's how to get paid back - CNETby Katie Conner on Aprile 13, 2021 at 11:15 am
The COVID-19 vaccine is free, but some people are still getting charged. Here's why.
- Missing your stimulus check? When to request an IRS payment trace to track the payment - CNETby Alison DeNisco Rayome on Aprile 13, 2021 at 11:00 am
Is your third stimulus check a no-show? Or are you still owed money from the first or second payments? You have two ways you may be able to claim it. Here's what to do.
- TikTok Duets let you put your own spin on viral challenges. Here's how to make your own - CNETby Shelby Brown on Aprile 13, 2021 at 10:00 am
Take your social media videos to the next level with TikTok Duets (and Instagram Remix, too). We'll show you how.
- Child tax credit and shared custody: Can each parent be eligible for a payment for the same kid - CNETby Clifford Colby on Aprile 13, 2021 at 9:00 am
Since the rules for the 2021 child tax credit split payments between 2021 and 2022, can each parent receive a CTC payment for the same child if they both claim the kid on their taxes?
- IRS tax refund and 2020 return: How to track when your money will arrive - CNETby Katie Conner on Aprile 13, 2021 at 7:00 am
How can you tell if the IRS processed your tax return? It could make a difference for stimulus check money as well as any tax refund you're waiting to receive. Here's when and how to track your refund after filing your 2020 tax return.
- NASA Mars helicopter Ingenuity: How to watch first flight unfold live - CNETby Amanda Kooser on Aprile 13, 2021 at 3:34 am
NASA hopes to make aviation history -- on another planet. Here's how to follow Ingenuity's first flight.