CNET How To CNET editors and users share the top tech 'how to' tips and tricks with advice for getting the most out of all your gadgets.
- NASCAR 2021: How to watch the Ally 400 today without cable - CNETby Matt Elliott on Giugno 20, 2021 at 9:00 am
You don't need cable TV to watch the racin' and rubbin' on NBCSN.
- 12 states have already ended unemployment benefits and $300 weekly bonus. What next? - CNETby Oscar Gonzalez on Giugno 20, 2021 at 7:00 am
A dozen states have now terminated enhanced unemployment coverage. We'll tell you about state expiration dates, unemployment tax refunds and more.
- TV picture settings: 9 quick tips to get better image quality now - CNETby Geoffrey Morrison on Giugno 20, 2021 at 7:00 am
Unlock your TV's full potential in a few easy steps.
- Most families qualify for the child tax credit in July. Income rules, age limits and more - CNETby Katie Teague on Giugno 20, 2021 at 2:00 am
Some 36 million households that are eligible for the monthly child tax credit checks of $300 or $250 per dependent will be getting good news soon.
- When are advance monthly checks for the 2021 child tax credit? Payment dates and more - CNETby Katie Teague on Giugno 20, 2021 at 1:00 am
Eligible families will automatically receive their first payment of up to $300 per dependent on July 15. Here's what to expect after.
- Do you know how much child tax credit you'll get in 2021? Use this calculator to find out - CNETby Katie Teague on Giugno 20, 2021 at 1:00 am
Calculate exactly how much your family is eligible to receive with the enhanced child tax credit payments. Monthly checks are set to go out in July.
- Still no tax refund? How to track your money and deal with IRS delays - CNETby Katie Teague on Giugno 19, 2021 at 11:00 pm
Taxpayers need to know why their tax refund from the IRS hasn't arrived and how they can check. These details should help.
- Child tax credit: New online portal and IRS tools help families before July payment - CNETby Katie Teague on Giugno 19, 2021 at 9:00 pm
A web tool now lets eligible low-income parents register for their first July 15 child tax credit check. Another upcoming portal will allow families to update info and opt out.
- Opting out of monthly child tax credit before payments start next month - CNETby Katie Teague on Giugno 19, 2021 at 7:00 pm
The 2021 advance monthly program for the child tax credit begins July 15. Some families might want the total $3,600 payout in 2022 instead.
- With an Apple TV and an iPhone, you can calibrate your TV. But does it work? - CNETby David Katzmaier on Giugno 19, 2021 at 7:00 pm
A new feature lets Apple devices improve your TV's picture. We measure the results.
- Is my family eligible for the new child tax credit? 3 ways to check - CNETby Clifford Colby on Giugno 19, 2021 at 5:00 pm
The first advance payment for the child tax credit goes out July 15. Here's how to know if you qualify.
- Best Prime Day deals for $25 or less: Wi-Fi extender, Echo Auto, Tile Slim and more - CNETby Katie Teague on Giugno 19, 2021 at 4:48 pm
Amazon's biggest sale of the year is right around the corner, but low prices are already here.
- When is the next tax refund for unemployment benefits? What to know about IRS money - CNETby Oscar Gonzalez on Giugno 19, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Many refunds have already been issued for taxes paid on 2020 unemployment benefits, but more are coming. We'll explain the payment schedule and how to check.
- Everything to know about stimulus money, tracking your third check and 'plus-up' payments - CNETby Clifford Colby on Giugno 19, 2021 at 3:00 pm
Many folks have waited months for their stimulus payments. We'll explain how to track your check, "plus-up" adjustments and other stimulus money.
- Best Prime Day vacuum deals so far: Save on Roomba, Shark, iRobot, Dyson and more - CNETby Brian Bennett on Giugno 19, 2021 at 2:11 pm
Ahead of Prime Day 2021, Amazon, Best Buy and eBay already have a few discounts available on cordless and robot vacuum cleaners.
- Don't delay when preparing your home for wildfire season - CNETby Kent German on Giugno 19, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Summer is here and so is wildfire season. Get ready by taking these manageable and effective steps to make your house and yard fire-resistant.
- Apple's new FaceTime trick will host a watch party for you. Here's how - CNETby Karisa Langlo on Giugno 19, 2021 at 11:00 am
SharePlay could beat Netflix Party when it arrives in iOS 15.
- iOS 15: How to use FaceTime on Android, Focus mode and other features you're sure to love - CNETby Jason Cipriani on Giugno 19, 2021 at 10:15 am
Apple will release the update this fall. In the meantime, we have our eye on some features that are going to make a huge difference in how you use your iPhone and iPad.
- New national US holiday, Juneteenth, is today. What to know, how it's observed - CNETby CNET staff on Giugno 19, 2021 at 7:00 am
We'll explain everything you need to know, from the origins of how the brand-new federal holiday started, what it signifies and how you can observe it.
- Best Prime Day deals for less than $50: Echo Dot two for one, $15 Echo Auto, $40 Fire TV Stick 4K - CNETby Katie Teague on Giugno 19, 2021 at 1:00 am
Prime Day starts Monday, but these budget-friendly deals from Amazon and Best Buy are available today.
- Historic drought in California and the West is getting biblical: What to know - CNETby Eric Mack on Giugno 18, 2021 at 8:00 pm
In 2021, the American desert and the West Coast are drier now than at any time in perhaps the past 400 years.
- Hey, parents! That IRS letter means child tax credit money is coming - CNETby Clifford Colby on Giugno 18, 2021 at 6:00 pm
The child tax credit payment program starts in less than a month. Millions of families are now receiving important information about it from the IRS.
- Ticks are on the rise this year: How to protect yourself from Lyme disease - CNETby Jessica Rendall on Giugno 18, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Lyme disease is a treatable, but potentially serious, illness. Research shows ticks are exploding in the US this year -- here's what to look out for.
- How to win Prime Day 2021: The Cheapskate's top tips - CNETby Rick Broida on Giugno 18, 2021 at 3:36 pm
Amazon's annual shopping holiday is next week. Here's the inside scoop on saving extra cash.
- How to sign up for Amazon Prime and take advantage of all those Prime Day sales - CNETby Alison DeNisco Rayome on Giugno 18, 2021 at 3:12 pm
Prime Day starts on Monday, but you'll need an Amazon Prime account to get savings on gadgets and more. Here's how to sign up, and how much it costs.